If you use Whatsapp, then you will know that you need to give your phone number to use this service. But through this trick, you can hide your number.
If you have used WhatsApp, then entering your contact number is an unavoidable process before signing up to the app. But the people who love their privacy more often than not would prefer if this information was hidden. Anyone in your contact list can see you on WhatsApp and for some people this information needs to be private.
Unfortunately, there is no way to hide your number in the Whatsapp app. The app needs a valid phone number to log in to the service. But that doesn’t mean you cannot hide your current number from your contacts. There is a trick to help you prevent your phone number from getting seen by others.
You need to have an alternate phone number to hide your phone number. Whatsapp also has a feature that lets you notify your contacts of change in number.
To hide your phone number in WhatsApp follow these steps:
- Buy a new SIM card with a number that you do not want to share with other people.
- Uninstall the Whatsapp app from your device.
- Remove the old SIM card from your phone and place it in a different phone that can receive SMS.
- Insert the new SIM in the device.
- Now re-install the Whatsapp App and start the registration process.
- The app will ask you to enter a valid phone number. Instead of entering a new number, enter your old number.
- Whatsapp will send an OTP to your old SIM card. Use this OTP to be validated.
- Now you will be able to use Whatsapp with your old number. This way your new number will be saved from sharing with all your contacts.